Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions set out the basis on which you may access and use the JobSpot website job-spot.org (the “site”). The terms and conditions apply to all users of, and visitors to, the site (“you”).
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using the site, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them (and any variations properly made to them). If you do not wish to be bound by them, please refrain from using the site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The site is operated by the Aga Khan Economic Planning Board under the auspices of the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom. The term “Ismaili Council” means the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom. The term “EPB” means the Aga Khan Economic Planning Board. The term “we” or “us” means both the Ismaili Council and EPB.
ACCESSING THE SITE
Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the site without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all parts of the site.
When using the site, you agree:
- to abide by all laws (including without limitation employment and data protection laws), regulations and codes of conduct that are applicable to you;
- not to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
- not to damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the site or do anything which may interrupt or impair its functionality;
You agree to treat any user name, password or any other piece of information chosen by you as part of our security procedures as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable your user name or password at any time if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
JobSpot is a free online recruitment and employment information service. The services available to employers and job seekers are described below (the “Services”).
Services available to employers:
- Employers may use the site to advertise paid commercial work (permanent, contract, temporary), internships, voluntary and paid or unpaid work experience positions;
- Each advert will remain online for 30 days commencing on the date active posting, unless otherwise specified or extended by you. You may remove adverts from the site at any time by contacting the JobSpot administrator at email@example.com. Adverts may be resubmitted at any time.
- You may use the CV database to search for job seekers that best fit your hiring needs. This facility allows you to control the candidate-search process. You may also conduct a confidential search (i.e. search for candidates without advertising your position). Candidates you locate in a confidential search will only know that you reviewed their profile after you contact them.
Services available to job seekers:
- Job seekers may submit responses to positions advertised by employers.
- You may also upload your CV onto the site – with your permission, this will be available for employers to view in order to assess your suitability for any roles which may or may not be advertised on the site.
- You may also request assistance with CV writing, interview techniques and assistance with returning to work from EPB. If you indicate that you wish to take advantage of this Service, a member of EPB will contact you.
In running the site and providing access to the Services, neither the Ismaili Council nor the EPB are acting as an employer or recruitment agency.
SPECIFIC TERMS FOR JOB SEEKERS
In order to register as a job seeker on the site, you must be a Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim or a non-Ismaili spouse or child.
We do not guarantee that any employer will respond to you or your reply to an advertisement, view your CV or call you in for an interview or that you will be offered a position after interview. Those decisions rest solely with the employers.
When responding to employers, you will be dealing with them directly and any contracts and/or arrangements will be formed between you and them. Neither the Ismaili Council nor EPB is a party to those arrangements and cannot be held liable for your use of, or any liability arising out of, the Services or the site generally.
You must at all times act in a professional manner when responding to employers, offers of interviews and attending interviews with employers
By uploading your personal information and/or CV onto the site, you agree that your information (including your CV) may be viewed by employers. Please note that you may not necessarily be aware that an employer has viewed your CV.
If you indicate that you require assistance with CV writing, interview techniques and/or returning to work, you will be contacted directly by a member of EPB. Any assistance is provided in the strictest confidence.
SPECIFIC TERMS FOR EMPLOYERS
Your use of the site and the Services including all and any information posted on the site and dealing with job seekers is at your own risk.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that:
- any positions you advertise are filled by those job seekers with the appropriate immigration status and/or visa as required by law; and
- any appropriate checks are made by you prior to the offer of any position.
Job Spot is for people looking to offer specific positions and is not to be used for individuals or businesses offering their services to potential customers.
You agree not to disclose any job seeker’s personal information to any external organisation without his specific consent except where an external body is party to the recruitment process (e.g. the NHS for medical- related positions).
You must not place advertisements asking job seekers to send money or stamped addressed envelopes to gain further details of the positions advertised.
You agree not to post the following types of jobs:
- escort or adult industry work;
- medical trials;
- commission-only jobs;
- pyramid selling or multi-level marketing; or
- any job of an illegal or otherwise undesirable nature.
SPECIFIC PROHIBITED USES
The site may only be used for lawful purposes. We specifically prohibit any use of the site and the Services, and you agree not to use the site or the Services, for any of the following:
- posting jobs or vacancies that do not exist;
- posting any incomplete, false, inaccurate or misleading biographical information or information which is not your own accurate CV;
- Posting positions which require the job seeker to provide information relating to his/her:
(i) racial or ethnic origin
(ii) political beliefs
(iii) philosophical or religious beliefs
(iv) membership of a trade union
(iv) physical or mental health
(v) sexual life
(vi) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings; or
- deleting or changing another person’s information posted on the site;
- posting or transmitting any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other material in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or that may invade another’s privacy or publicity rights or is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- posting a sexually explicit image or statement;
- using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site; or
- other than as permitted expressly by these terms and conditions, copying or duplicating or linking to any of the materials or information available on the site.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you on the site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the site if, in our opinion, such material is illegal or unlawful or does not comply with the standards set out above.
The accuracy of the information supplied by you (either as a job seeker or as an employer) is not within the control of the Ismaili Council or EPB and we do not certify that we have verified any information in any job advertisement, CV or other posting available on the site. Any other information displayed on the site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, the Ismaili Council and EPB hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the site or the Services or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the site or the Services, any websites linked to the site and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Ismaili Council is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in JobSpot, and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the site for your personal reference (in the case of job seekers) or for the purposes of recruitment (in the case of employers).
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not use any part of the materials on the site for commercial purposes, unless otherwise authorised.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the site in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. You must not attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING FROM THE SITE
Where the site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
LINKING TO THE SITE
You may not establish a link to the site from any website nor may the site be framed on any other site without our prior written consent.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE SITE
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website (e.g. cookies that enable you to log into the site). Your consent will not be sought to place these cookies; however, you may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings;
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to the site and enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name etc; and
- “Analytical” cookies: these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the analytical cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below
The site uses Google Analytics:
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma, __utmb||Third||Google Inc.||Identifying unique visitors.|
|_utmc||Third||Google Inc.||Determining visitor sessions|
|__utmz||Third||Google Inc.||Tracking traffic sources and navigation.|
We recommend that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether you have breached these terms and conditions through your use of the site and/or the Services. When a breach of these terms and conditions has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including without limitation:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site and the Services;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the site;
- the issue of a warning to you; or
- disclosure of such information to third parties as required by law.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the site.
CONTACT US/FURTHER INFORMATION
If you would like to contact us, or for further information about the site or the Services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.